At this time, we are all being impacted by COVID-19 and the many precautions the Government has asked us all to take.
We want you to know that we are still here to care for you and your family throughout this time. The following summarises the steps we are taking, to ensure that our funeral services continue to care for your family and honour your loved one and also, more practically, provide a clean and safe environment for our customers, their guests and our staff.
How we’re caring for your family and honouring your loved one
We have various measures in place to ensure that funeral services can still involve those who have been a significant part of your loved one’s life.
- All of our chapels have live-streaming options available. So, whilst we are still limited in the amount that can physically be gathered together, this will allow many more to join in from wherever they are, this is as simple as clicking a link on an email to join in.
- Providing ways friends and family can still contribute. Friends could send (email or phone) through to our office their memories and reflections that can be read out during the service. You could also ask some to record a short video on their phone that we can display on screen. We can also provide you with an online memorial site allowing everyone to share their thoughts, memories and photos.
- We’re offering to help prepare an extra memorial service at no charge in the future. We can help you arrange an intimate family funeral service now, and then, hold a larger memorial service in the future when restrictions are relaxed.
Practical responses we’re taking to providing a clean and safe environment
We are taking a number of measures to mitigate the spread of the virus that assist the safety of our communities, particularly the elderly and immunocompromised.
- We will be monitoring our staff with daily temperature checks and if they are showing symptoms of the virus, they will be asked to self-isolate and to be tested.
- Our staff will wash hands and avoid physical contact.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout our premises and funerals and all bathrooms will be stocked with disinfectant hand wash/soap.
- In our office, all door handles, phones, reception desks, water filters and common areas will be wiped with sanitisers regularly throughout the day.
- We will also comply with any mandated requirements from State or Federal government; such as the wearing and providing of facial masks.
- We work on the run much of the time so are used to using technology to stay in touch – we will prioritise these types of communication given the COVID-19 circumstances.
As a condition of entry, all visitors to any Bethel site will be required to undergo a contactless temperature check, to wear a face mask (in Victoria only currently) and to sign in providing contact details to aid with contact tracing should this be necessary.
Please know that we are here for you at this time. We want you to be able to have a meaningful funeral and we’re doing all that we can to ensure that we can care for each family and provide a funeral service. We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with great service and excellent outcomes in the weeks and months ahead.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how the situation might affect your specific funeral being held with Bethel Funerals, please contact our office on 1300 881 473 so we can assist further.
For all the best up-to-date information on the Coronavirus status, how to protect yourself and others as well as how to detect symptoms and what to do if you’re concerned, visit the Australian Government Department of Health site here.
Our Prayers go to all during this time
Debra Moore | CEO Bethel Funerals